Monday, January 4, 2010

healthy, wealthy, and wise

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
-Benjamin Franklin

I like to go to bed by 8:00 at night. I would prefer 7:00, but the Cuddler won't tolerate that. I think that 4:45 is a perfectly acceptable wake time. The Cuddler has a different opinion. I mean she prayed that I would sleep through the night, so I did. I'm giving her eight and half hours. If she isn't using it wisely, that is not my problem.

She is open to any suggestion to "fix" me other than keeping me up later. She has tried this and it did not work.

What do I do at 4:45, you ask? Well, I start out by singing. I know this will wake the Cuddler but not Morning Guy. I try to stick with Morning Guy when possible. I sing for five or ten minutes then I move on to crying. I mean I KNOW SHE IS AWAKE! Their room is so close to mine that you don't need a monitor. At this point, she will usually get up and come give me my paci. Sometimes this will satisfy me and I will sleep for one to two more hours; other times, I just keep crying until she comes back. We play this game a few times then she gives in and we start the day.

If your suggestion is that she let me cry, then you should know that she tried this to enforce a nap time. After one hour and thirty minutes of me crying, we were both crying so she is a little skeptical.

If you feel sorry for her, then share your ideas with her. If not, then rise and shine!

I am including this picture for your viewing pleasure. It is from my Uncle Chris' deer camp this weekend. He has a very cool camp, and I can't wait to go back. He said he would take me to the stand with him Saturday morning if the Cuddler would put me in a "snuggie," but of course, being the thief of joy that she is she wouldn't let me know go.



I like to keep a serious look so they know that I mean business. A wise man once said, "I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee - begging for its life." -Dwight Schrute

Please notice that the Cuddler is always smiling...




Love, the Plum

2 comments:

  1. I share in your pain for the naps...but as a hopeful note, I will say that after a week or so, Emma was great and now we rarely have trouble getting her to sleep ever. So there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could NEVER bring myself to do the "cry it out" thing, either! Josh would do it and try to make me participate in the torturing, but I always gave in and went to pick him up. Grady seemed to start doing better when he started eating solid foods I think. He still has to have that last bottle just before we put him down to sleep though!
    THIS TOO SHALL PASS! I promise it will get better!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design By: