Tuesday, March 1, 2011

milestones

Well, Plum, today I am 31 years old and you are 17 months old. Both milestones. My birthdays are not dramatic moments for me. I didn't stress over 30 and I won't stress over turning 31. I have enjoyed every stage of my life. I liked high school and had a great time in college. I enjoy being married and being Morning Guy's wife, but I love being your mother.

I don't mind not being a twenty something. I like being your thirty something mother. My only regret is that I may not have as much energy as I did in my twenties. You are wild and wide open all the time. You are either busy and moving or sleeping. It is the only two ways that you come.

Being your mother has challenged me on so many levels. Loving you means being a better version of me, more patient and more understanding. I hope that I am everything that you need me to be in the next year.



All my love, The Cuddler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design By: