Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Adoption is hard

I felt like I needed to disclose that in case anyone reads this blog and thinks that I am trying to make bringing a two year old who does not know English, has never been part of a family and is non-verbal seem easy.  It is messy.  It is messier with a three year old who thinks he is the center of universe.  But very few things worth doing are easy.  Striving to serve God is never easy for me.  Mothering in a loving, firm, unconditional way with patience is work for me.

So along those lines, I show the face that I see regularly.  I get this face when Sam is not the center of my undivided attention which is sometimes necessitated by the fact that is not an only child.  Other times, I have no explanation for this face.  This face represents progress for me.  It means he is sharing his feelings the good, the bad and ugly.  It is a step change for him in that he only cried a couple of times in the first week we were together.  He now believes that someone cares when he is upset so there is purpose in crying.  He also cries now at bedtime and when he wakes up.



Other times are fun times.  Learning to play with a box.




Learning to play at the park.

 
 
John Hinton four wheeling.  
 

 
Hanging out in the dryer. 
 


Don't call DHS. I've never cut it on.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for sharing your heart, the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoption is hard and beautiful at the same time, isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design By: