Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day Two of Thankfulness

Today, like so many other days, I am thankful for my mother. She is all around pretty fabulous. She is patient and kind. I mean all her qualities are not positive. Like every time she comes over and keeps the Plum, somehow, apple juice ends up all over the floor. I believe it is a problem with sippy cups but she denies any and all knowledge of apple juice spillage so I am unable to rectify the situation.

In spite of the apple juice, I'm thankful for so many of the things that she does. After Plum was born, she stayed every Wednesday night to help. She is always just a phone call away. On that note, she actually calls every morning to check on the Plum. She keeps the Plum two or three days a week. Today, she took the him to the pediatrician because he is running a little fever. Unfortunately, the allergist wanted to run some test too so my mom had to hold Plum down while they took five vials of blood out of two arms. Bad visit.

Not be out done, my dad is pretty fabulous too. He makes the Plum a bottle and my mom coffee and brings it them in bed so they don't have to get up. Um, yes, the Plum has transitioned to sippy cups. My daddy is working on it.

We love them very much. If it takes a village to raise a baby, they are our village. And my daddy is also cooking our lunch for tomorrow.

The Cuddler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design By: