Friday, March 12, 2010

Faith. Do you have it?

I had everyone in a tizzy with the results of my first CT scan. We are a God fearing family. Accordingly, we prayed and asked others for prayer. Sometimes faith and prayer can come from surprising places. I would like to share a powerful note that exemplifies faith.

A very faithful, Godly women named Bessie Nell Jones made my beautiful bedding. My Nonnie shared the results of the first CT with Bessie Nell. Bessie Nell didn't just say a prayer for me before she went to bed, like the Cuddler, or when she woke up, like Morning Guy. Here is Bessie Nell's letter to my Nonnie:

Beckey,

After I talked to you the other day, I called my pastor, and we prayed, and in Sunday School, and again in worship service yesterday prayer went up again and this prayer cloth anointed and prayed over by the church. I am believing God has already taken care of the situation.

P.S. Let me know, what God has already done.


There was a prayer cloth in closed that read:
And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul; so that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Acts 19:11-12.

What faith Bessie Nell has in God. She didn't doubt for one second that God had me in his protective hands and had already answered her prayers. Thank you, Bessie Nell. I think we could all be more like her.

Here is a picture of her beautiful work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design By: