Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Belated Birthday

Now that Plum is getting older and forming his own (unreasonable, strong, contradictory) opinions, I have decided to make this blog my own. I know, the Plum can't believe it either.



This, like many of my posts, will be my thoughts written to the Plum for the sake of remembering these sweet, trying, and fleeting moments as his mother.

Plum,

Almost two weeks ago, we celebrated your birthday. I soaked this day in with our family. You turning two was a much bigger deal for me than you turning one. You have become such a big boy and it is hard as your mother to let my baby go. I savor our brief moments when you say "wok mama" or lay your head down my shoulder.

I made you a sign. This little token of love took me for freaking ever to carefully carve each letter out of card stock.



I also made your cake. You and Kelsey Ann ate all of the candy letters off of the cake in no time.



You and Aunt Susan working on the combination to release your new dozier. It would have been easier to gain access to Fort Knox.



A good time was had by all, just ask Emmy.



Uncle Jim showing how to use the new nerf missiles that Uncle Chris and Aunt M bought you.



Uncle Chris couldn't be there. He was busy firefighting. I so wished he could have been there. The missiles are so fast that they whistle. I shot John Martin at point blank range and he claims that he is injured and traumatized. I hope he forgives me.



You and Linds looking so pretty on your beautiful day.



You are one loved and treasured little boy.



With much love, your mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design By: